Sunday, February 1, 2015

Beating the Monday Blues|| Treat your Self

We all have those (Mon)days (weeks) where we are feeling uninspired and just bored. There are so many things that we can do to help beat these blues.
1. Take a hot LONG bath
This seems so simple but it really can make you feel so much better. This is really my go-to when I am feeling a little down. You can light some candles, grab your favorite bath products (I love lush Bath Bombs, and Bubble Bars) grab an ice water, and really just soak and spend a little bit of 'me time'

2. Paint your nails
Having painted nails is an INSTANT confidence boost for me. I know some people hate painting there nails but I totally love it and it is really so fun for me. When you're feeling down go for a bright pink or red color to instantly feel better.

3. Journal
Writing in a journal always makes me feel better when I am done. I literally just get all feelings and stress out on the pages and I feel so amazing after. I also love using my journal to doodle, my doodles are always really whimsical so doodling always puts me in a good mood. Writing in a journal is something that I feel like we all need to do at least every once in a while.

4. Call/Talk to your best friend
When I am just not feeling all that great my best friends are always there for me. After having a good conversation (usually includes a few giggles and tears) with my best friend, or mom (moms are always there to talk and you can always trust them) I feel 10x better. My best friend is always there to talk and make me feel better!!

5. Read
I used to not really like reading but as I've gotten older I have grown to love it! When I find a book I like I usually cannot put it down until I finish it. When I am feeling uninspired reading really helps me. Reading doesn't necessarily have to be a book, it could be your favorite blogs, or a magazine. Reading can really help turn my day in the right direction.
xoxox Annie Merrill

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog so much ;)

    Measureofattire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete